Consultation on the Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation of the African Charter on Democracy, Elections and Governance
February 14-16, 2013
King Fahd Hotel, Dakar, Senegal
Organised by the Departement of Political Affairs of the African Union Commission with the Technical Support of the Africa Governance Institute, the purpose of these consultations is to achieve the effective and efficient implementation of the Charter in order to positively influence the lives of African people on participatory, accountable and inclusive democracy issues.
They also aim to :
- Engage stakeholders : Member States, institutions and programs of the African Union, Regional Economic Communities, civil society, media, partners ... for support and to support the implementation of initiatives in order to implement the Charter ;
- Engage media professionals and disseminate to the public opinion of the Member States, initiatives and priorities adopted within the framework of the promotion and implementation of the Charter ;
- Identify areas requiring reforms or actions to be taken to ensure the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the Charter ;
- Suggest the possibilities for application and reinforcement of existing decisions and resolutions taken by African bodies in relation to democracy, elections and governance, even their harmonization ;
- Encourage partners to support the African Union initiatives and decisions of its bodies.
Publié le 13 février 2013