The Africa Infrastructure Development Index (AIDI)AIDI Development Index (AIDI) May 2013 AfDB
Successes and Limitations of a Top-Down Approach to Governance: the Case of Anti-Corruption in RwandaISPI Analysis N° 164, March 2013 Alessandro Bozzini, GIZ Technical Advisor, Rwanda
Unblocking results: Using aid to address governance constraints in public service deliveryISBN: 978-1-909464-35-3 © Overseas Development Institute 2013 May 2013
Shared Security And Peace Governance The Malian Experience Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung ISBN: 978-978-923-731-9 February 2012
African Media Barometer 2012The first home grown analysis of the media landscape in Africa Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) fesmedia Africa 2012
Policy Brief: What Future for the Joint Africa-EU Strategy?Policy Brief n° 3 Africa Governance Institute June 2013
Strategic partnerships and sustainable investments: How can China support the African Mining Vision?Strategic partnerships and sustainable investments: How can China support the African Mining Vision? Centre for Chinese Studies Policy Briefing May 2013
The State of Governance in Africa: The Dimension of Illicit Financial Flows as a Governance Challenge Third Meeting of the Committee on Governance and Popular Participation, Economic Commission for Africa, February 2013
The Political Economy of Fiscal Transparency, Participation, and Accountability Around the WorldKhagram, S., de Renzio, P., and Fung, A. (2013). Overview and synthesis: The political economy of fiscal transparency, participation, and accountability around the world. In S. Khagram, A. Fung, de Renzio, P. (Eds.), Open Budgets: The Political Economy of Transparency, Participation, and Accountability (pp. 1-50). Washington, DC: Brookings Institution Press Brookings Institution Press
Unless stated otherwise, the content of this Web site is under Creative Commons by-nc-nd 3.0 License.
Except where otherwise stated, content of this website is licensed under Creative Commons by-nc-nd 3.0.
THE AGI WEBSITE AND RESOURCES CENTRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The objective of this text is to state the responsibility of users, in accordance with legislation, to ensure correct use of the AGI online resources centre and website; with a minimum of courtesy and respect for others when consulting our website and resources. This text can be modified by the AGI and be subject to more specific restrictions in case of need.
Terms and conditions In using the AGI Electronic Resources Centre website the user is deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions hereafter.
The AGI Website and Resources Centre 1. The African Governance Institute (AGI) makes information, documents, photographs, video clips and other material (collectively known as “content”) available free of charge, to those who wish to consult the website and resources centre (“users”), This content is presented for information purposes only. 2. Administration of the website is assured by the AGI. All of the content accessible on the website and Electronic Resources Centre is subject to present conditions. 3. Unless otherwise indicated, the observations, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the website content and the Electronic Resources Centre materials are those of various different authors and do not necessarily correspond to the AGI management and Governing Board’s point of view.
Disclaimer of Liability
4. The user consults the website and Electronic Resources Centre at his/her own risk. Content accessible on the site and the Electronic Resources Centre is presented as ‘as is’, without any sort of warranty, expressed or implied, including concerning marketable quality of the information, its adequacy for a particular purpose or the non-infringement of intellectual property rights. In particular, the AGI makes no warranties or representations as to the exactitude, completeness, reliability or timeliness of content. The AGI periodically adds, changes, improves and updates content without notice. Under no circumstances, including negligence, can it be held responsible, for any loss or damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this site. 5. This website and Electronic Resources Centre documents may contain recommendations, opinions and statements from various information and content providers. The AGI neither represents nor guarantees the exactitude, completeness, reliability or timeliness of any information provided by any information or content provider, users of this site, nor of any other person or entity whoever they are. The user does so at his/her own risk.
Links with other websites
6. This site contains links to third party websites: the AGI’s purpose is to refer to its partners’ websites and to websites with content considered relevant to the AGI’s mission. However, these sites are beyond the control of the AGI who decline all responsibility regarding site content presented on the links. The AGI provides these links to serve the user. Under no circumstances does this mean that the AGI endorses the linked site.
7. In general, websites can establish links with the site without asking the authorisation of the AGI. However, these links must clearly identify the AGI as the source of information presented, whilst preserving the integrity of the AGI web pages, without alteration.
8. The site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to address lists or other messaging or communication tools (collectively hereafter known as “Forums”), which the user agrees to only receive and send messages and information which are proper and related to the Forum in question. Whilst participating in Forums the user agrees to refrain from engaging in the following; including but not limited to:
Defame, insult, harass, threaten or otherwise violate anyone’s rights (for example in terms of the right of privacy or publicity);
Publish, display, distribute or circulate documents or information which are defamatory, offensive, obscene, improper or illicit.
Post or upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property law (or legislation related to privacy and publicity), unless the user owns or controls the rights thereto or has the necessary consent required.
Post or upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other software or programme which may damage the operation of another’s computer.
Delete from a file posted, any notices related to author attributions, legal or proper notices related to intellectual property rights.
Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file posted.
Advertise for goods or services, or offer them for sale, or carry out or transmit surveys, competitions or chain letters. Download a file posted by another user of the Forum that the user knows or is presumed to know cannot be legally distributed. 9. The user acknowledges that all communication carried out on the Forums and in all discussion groups is public and not private. Moreover, s/he acknowledges that discussions, material posted, conferences, electronic messages and other material exchanged by other users are not presumed to have been endorsed by the AGI and that such communications are not examined, selected or approved by the AGI. The AGI reserves the right to remove for whatever reason and without prior notice, any content introduced in the Forums by users, in particular, electronic messages or messages displayed on electronic bulletin boards.
10. Except where otherwise stated, all content accessible on the site is the exclusive property of the AGI or its content providers. The AGI encourages users to print, download or copy site content exclusively for personal and non-commercial use. Users are not authorised to sell or distribute this content or to create derivative works for commercial purposes without the express written authorisation of the AGI. 11. To obtain the AGI’s authorisation, please complete this form and send it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Preservation of immunities 12. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the AGI, which are specifically reserved. 13. If you are victim, or if you have the slightest doubt as to the authenticity of an electronic message, letter or telephone call presumed to come from, or on behalf of the AGI, do not reply to the electronic message and please send us an email to the following: email@example.com
The AGI is actively involved in putting an end to these misleading practices and we condemn criminal activity with the assistance of numerous international security bodies in order to protect the AGI. A certain number of fraudulent electronic messages concerning advance registration fees payment are currently circulating on the Internet. These messages claim to be from or seem to be associated with the African Governance Institute. Certain of these electronic messages ask for detailed information and/or money from individuals, businesses or charities, promising them that they will receive money or other advantages in return. These are criminal fraud activities on advance payment of registration fees. Other electronic messages demand payment of registration fees for conferences supposedly sponsored by the AGI and hotel reservations, again with the promise of certain advantages. Sometimes, these electronic messages have the AGI logo and come from or return to an electronic address which seems to be the AGI’s. Many of these electronic messages also refer to senior AGI management and contain reference to the AGI website. These are FRAUDULENT electronic messages (‘scams’). These electronic messages do not come from the AGI and are in no way associated with projects or events sponsored by the AGI. The AGI are concerned to put the public on its guard against these misleading practices and invites those approached in any way (by e-mail or any other means) to check their authenticity before responding. Do not communicate with anybody who asks you for money in the name of the AGI for the AGI has no commercial activity. In particular, the AGI suggests that those receiving this type of message send no money nor give any personal information in response to an invitation supposedly coming from the AGI and claiming to offer money, subsidies, study grants, certificates, prizes; lottery or otherwise. Nor should you send any money or give personal information in response to the AGI supposedly asking payment for registration fees or reservation of hotel rooms, or other fraudulent advance payment in the name of the AGI.